Re: [T3] My Car Has Been Towed

On 14 Jul 2001, at 10:35, Mark Healey wrote:

> The lot changed hands at the end of june and they removed the booth. I
> called the new owners and they gave me an address to send a check and
> they said they wouldn't tow me.  They did.  My plan is to wait until
> they cash my check and send me the permit and then call up with
> "Where's my car?" so I can take them to small claims court with the
> canceled check as some evedince of the agreement and recover the money
> for the towing and storage.
>
> Does this sound like a winning strategy?

Not if your car is accumulating daily storage charges or is on the
way to the crusher. I would call them right away, remind them
about your previous conversation, ask them if they have your
check, then ask them what has been done with your car and why.

It is possible that you could prevail in court, but it's not worth it.
The best thing to do is always to try to work it out. Most places will
be accomodating if you give them the chance.

Sorry about your car.