Re: [T3] Vent...maybe?

Subject: RE: [T3] Vent...maybe?

> > Subject: [T3] Vent...maybe?
> >

> Sorry, but I can't help you with the vent problem. The one I have is for a
> '69. As for the wipers, the parking in the middle, is a timing problem
with
> the arm on the wiper motor. I know how to fix it, but until I can look at
my
> '71 I can't explain how to do it. Let me reply after I get home tonight
from
> work. It may be simpler since you don't have the air box in place.
> It will be a matter of parking the wiper, taking the arm off the motor,
> putting the wipers at the bottom of the windshield (where they are
supposed
> to park, and putting the arm back on the motor.
> WARNING, WILL ROBINSON, WARNING: DISCONNECT THE BATTERY CABLES BEFORE
> WORKING ON THE WIPER MOTOR. I saw a guy lose the tip of his finger in the
> linkage one time. That motor has a lot of torque due to its gear
reduction.

OK, I was right. With the vent box out, it shouldn't be too much of a
problem. Just follow the instruction I gave above.
Probably what has happened is that someone has pulled the vent box out to
replace the wiper motor. They got the arm back on in the wrong place. The
motor was not parked when they put it back together. And they never put the
vent box back in.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/