RE: [T3] Vent...maybe?

> Subject: [T3] Vent...maybe?
>

> I just got a '71 squareback and I'm totally clueless about
> VW's right now.
> So far it runs great, the only problems I've had are the
> wipers, and a water
> leak. The problem about water coming in from the vent was
> discussed before,
> but my problem is that the vent was completely removed, and I
> need to know
> if anyone has a suggestions as to where I could get a
> replacement. I've had
> no luck finding one yet. Or any other ideas about preventing
> water from
> leaking onto my feet.
> Also: the wiper thing. When I turn them off they stop in the
> vertical
> postition...kinda a pain...is that just a timing issue? It's
> no biggie cuz
> it really isnt raining right now...but it would be nice to fix that.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the vent problem. The one I have is for a
'69. As for the wipers, the parking in the middle, is a timing problem with
the arm on the wiper motor. I know how to fix it, but until I can look at my
'71 I can't explain how to do it. Let me reply after I get home tonight from
work. It may be simpler since you don't have the air box in place.
It will be a matter of parking the wiper, taking the arm off the motor,
putting the wipers at the bottom of the windshield (where they are supposed
to park, and putting the arm back on the motor.
WARNING, WILL ROBINSON, WARNING: DISCONNECT THE BATTERY CABLES BEFORE
WORKING ON THE WIPER MOTOR. I saw a guy lose the tip of his finger in the
linkage one time. That motor has a lot of torque due to its gear reduction.

Russ Wolfe
russ_wolfe@MAHLEParr.com

Mahle Parr Filter Systems
505 E. Madison