[T3] building a bigger mousetrap?

To the person doing his first rebuild for a T3 with the 92mm pistons.
I am probably stirring up another debate, but I feel it is important.
92mm cylinders are to thin for a daily driven T3!  They will distort
due to heat (T3 cooling does not seem to be as effecient) and this
will cause premature failure.  Read Gene Bergs info on piston/cylinder
sizing.  He very shortly mentions that T3 should use thick wall
cylinders.  From my research, 90.5mm cylinders are the biggest usable
size that will last.  As far as stroke or crank size, I have not
discovered any info that relates this to heat, except you will have to
pay attention to your dynamic compression with long stroke engines.

Now if this is not a daily driven car, and you are after performance
for short duration driving, then 92mm are great.  They will work
better with slightly larger valves and carbs.

Hope this doesn't discourage you, and many people may disagree.  You
should spend some time and do some research.

Brian Schlepp
69 Fasty - hoping to build a 2.3L T4