Re: [T3] From seat guide rails to Carpet Nails....

On 13 Jul 2001, at 0:43, David Yaghoubian wrote:

> With everybody's help I am getting closer to installing my spiffy new
> TMI carpet kit and am wondering whether or not to use carpet nails in
> the process. After just finishing dealing with rust hell I am not
> interested in doing anything that would generate any future rust
> spots, as it seems carpet nails might promote. However, I want the
> carpet to fit nice and tight/flat, and don't think adhesive alone can
> do the job.

3M makes a glue that will do this alone. It will take longer to set
than the factory wanted to spend, but it will do what you need.
Don't get carried away with it, because it will be too hard to get up
when you need to get under there to service something and you
could end up destroying the carpet (been there.)