Re: [T3] last week intro --> this week a squareback!

On 12 Jul 2001, at 12:25, kelly wrote:

> If the car is fuel injected, then don't even consider using that
> stuff. It is designed with 4 to 9 pounds of fuel pressure in mind
> and won't last at all with 30 plus pounds of your injection system.

Even the cheap American 5/16" hose is rated for 50 psi; it's fine at
30 even though it was made with 3-5 in mind. I find that it outlasts
the 7mm hose by a long shot, not because it is better quality, but
because it is sized better to the fittings. The 7mm hose must be
stretched so far over the FI fittings that it rather quickly fatigues
there and fails. I've seen failures in less than a year.

I believe the 7mm was eventually replaced by 7.5mm, but 5/16" =
8mm is a much better choice.