Re: [T3] repro seat rail guides

At 08:51 AM 7/12/2001 -0600, Jim Adney wrote:

>I bought a set of the repos and they look to ge every bit as good as
>the originals. They are slightly different in appearance on the ends,
>but this is no problem at all.
>
>While I haven't actually put any of these into use yet, I think they
>would survive as well as the OE ones. How well ANY of them
>survive depends COMPLETELY on the care with which you install
>them. Most people will install them in such a way that the new
>ones will be broken right away.
>
>BTW, this fellow told me that there are 2 kinds of reproductions out
>there: the ones he has made which are obviously different from the
>OE and some others which have been made to copy the originals
>all the way down to the VW trademark and part #. I don't know this
>for a fact, but I can't help wondering if this is what ISP is selling.

Hi Volks-

I bought a set of seat rail guides from ISP West and they look to be the
ones made to copy the originals (?). My question is how to install them
without making the fatal mistake(s) Jim mentions?  Also, is any lubrication
necessary, and if so what kind? Lastly, does anyone know of a source for
the pins that fit into the seat guide ends? ISP is fresh out, although when
I called they informed me that the pins they sell are not a VW item, but a
"hardware" item. Is this something FLHS (hardware store ;) might stock?

TIA!!

Dave Y.
68 Square (w/ new Ghia pasenger side floorboard installed and tons o
POR-15.... yippee!!! Carpet's next... ;)