RE: [T3] last week intro --> this week a squareback!

> Subject: [T3] last week intro --> this week a squareback!
>

> Hi again,
>

> I bought some 5/16" fuel line for the repair but the OD seems
> a bit larger than the cloth
> covered hose currently in the engine compartment.  Since the
> fuel line seems to wrap all
> over the place, will this larger OD fit throughout the engine
> compartment?  I'm assuming
> Yes, but I don't want to pull out the existing line only to
> find out I'm wrong.

Any hose you use with fuel injection, make sure it is rated for fuel
injection. It should be marked EFI on the hose
someplace. 5/16" an 8mm are so close to the same size, that you can't hardly
measure the difference. I would not buy any of the braided OEM syle hose
that is sold now days. It has a single ply fabric. The newer EFI hose is
typically rated for 250 psi, and will probably outlast the car. Here at
work, we buy the EFI hose in 5000 ft spools and cut it to the lengths we
need.

Russ Wolfe
russ_wolfe@MAHLEParr.com

Mahle Parr Filter Systems