From: Per Lindgren [mailto:lindgre@online.no]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 12:17 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] OT - more folkracing

john r wrote:

> Look at the Squareback at the end of these pictures.
> Tell me this is a Grandma's car NOW!

That is a Volvo 122 "Amazon". Many people mistook my Variant for a Volvo
as well :-(

But there are bigger classes in this sport as well, where people are
racing rare Gr.B monsters like Audi Sportquattros, Porsches, kitcars
etc. with ~700 bhp. Some of the top contenders in the Euro Cahmpionship
are Norwegian. They are NOT required to sell their cars for 5000 SEK
after each race.

PerL