RE: [T3] Warped rotor?

Jacob wrote:

I was wondering how difficult of a task that is to do.  I've never done it
before, and I've never installed wheel bearings (except once so I could get
the car home), so I'm wondering if I should take it to my VW mechanic or if
I can do the work myself.

Jacob Schroeder
'72 Square

Jacob,

Changing the bearings and rotors is not difficult at all if you have decent
tools and a good manual.  The same thing happened to me but on the passenger
side.  Check your brake caliper and make sure it is retracting and releasing
the pads.  Mine was not and the pads were still pressing against the rotor
which cause the heat which caused the melting of the grease.  Your rubber
brake line may need replacing as they can collapse inside but look fine from
the outside.  Been there, done that.

Norman Roush
'68 Sqbk