Re: [T3] Steering gearbox luibrication

> What is the proper stuff to stick in the steering gearbox as a
> lubricant. I get all kinds of recommendations from the manuals

I've heard more than one long-time VW driver/mechanic say that grease is better than the gear oil as suggested by the service manuals.  What *I* wonder is what grade do I want?  Something on the light side (say lithium) or heavy (MoS2 GL3)?..This reminds me that it's probably time for me to inspect the inside of my own steering box and change out whatever's in there.

-Mark