Re: [T3] Dasher as a replacement for the Type 3 VW....?????

On 9 Jul 2001, at 19:44, Daniel Baum wrote:

> What's a VW Dasher? I've never heard of it.

It was VW's first water cooled car. Introduced in '74 it was front
engine, front wheel drive, the only car VW ever sold with a
longitudinal inline 4. Available in sedan and wagon versions, I
always thought of it as the replacement for the type 3, but without
the charm.

It is the same car as the Audi Fox of that era (not to be confused
with the more recent Fox.)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org