Re: [T3] Won't start

On 8 Jul 2001, at 13:42, Mike and Barry wrote:

>    I listened for 2nd click didn't hear it. But I'm not sure if
> i'm just mising it, so I'm going to get a friend of mine to listen
> to.

If the car runs then this is not your problem at the moment, but it
does mean that something is miswired and this may cause
problems later on. What year is this?

> I noticed that the pin that helps hold the fuel filter upright is
> missing.

Not important. You can tie it up there with some wire.

> To anwser the other question about the car dying while driving; she
> just quits. I had another possible idea. She was kind of running
> ruff at low speeds and sometimes wanted to quit after I cranked
> her. Could this be related to the same problem that exists now?

Many people here have better memories than me, so they can
remember the problems asked about in each post out of a
thousand. I need a little help. What ARE your other problems?

> What about the device that kind of acts like a choke ( the name
> escapes me). It is connected to the starter silinoid and has a line
> to the gas tank--assists with cold starts.

Cold start valve. It can be a problem in 72s if the wires on the
starter have not all been put back on right.