Re: [T3] RH side mirror (was Stainless steel window wipers)

----- Original Message -----
From: Per Lindgren <lindgre@online.no>
I dont know who did the job back then, but they drilled a hole and
> put a nut up on the inside while they tightened it from the outside.
Needless to
> say, as this nut was not welded on to the door, this was not a successful
job.

This is what they do on the Mexican Beetles that are imported to the UK, as
they don't come fitted with the mirror or the captive nut. I think you have
to strip out the quarterlight (vent wing/ window) in order to fit the nut
inside, as well as the worrying bit of drilling a (17mm?) hole in a virginal
doorskin. I reckon I'll have to go for the clamp-on mirror option for the
moment.