Re: [T3] oil cooler

On 7 Jul 2001, at 17:12, Barry Viss wrote:

> In my bag for the oil cooler parts I have 3 sets of 3 washers:  3
> large spacers for between the cooler and the case,  3 spring washers,
> and 3 non-spring washers about the same size as the spring washers.  I
> am unsure where/in what order these last two sets go.  The Bentley
> dosen't say. If anyone could fill me in that would be great.  Thanks.

These are the right parts for your 68. You need to use the thick
flanged oil cooler seals with these. The thick washers go between
the case and the cooler as you said, then on top of the cooler,
under each nut, put on a flat washer and a spring washer in that
order.

Note that on all of our engines, in order to get everything
assembled right, you need to feed the 2 outer cooler bolts up thru
the case BEFORE you put the cylinders in place. I usually put
them in very early on and wrap a piece of masking tape around
them to hold them up and out of the way, so they'll be there when I
need them.