Re: [T3] oil cooler

Subject: [T3] oil cooler

> Hello
> In my bag for the oil cooler parts I have 3 sets of 3 washers:  3 large
> spacers for between the cooler and the case,  3 spring washers, and 3
> non-spring washers about the same size as the spring washers.  I am unsure
> where/in what order these last two sets go.  The Bentley dosen't say.
> If anyone could fill me in that would be great.  Thanks.

It depends on which cooler/case combination you have. If you have an older
case, and an older cooler, you use the thick washers between the cooler and
the case, and you use the thick cooler seals. If you have any other
combinations of cooler and case, you dont use the thick washers. Someone (I
think Toby Ericson) has a FAQ on the cooler seals.
The flat washers go next to the cooler, and then the spring washers, then
the nuts.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/