Re: [T3] Exploding Brake Hoses and rear oil seal removal

At 11:14 AM 7/4/01 -0600, Jim Adney wrote:
>On 3 Jul 2001, at 20:30, shackedup wrote:
>
> > Sorry, the car is a 63 Notchback and the seal I am replacing is the
> > rear wheel bearing seal, the one that sits in front of the wheel
> > bearing and appears to be pressed into the bearing housing.  I am
> > thinking that with an appropriate sized drift I could hammer it out.
>That's correct. You can probably drive or pry it out. Take a good
>look at how far it is pressed in before you start so you know where
>to position the new one.

See if you have a big socket and extension to use...I *think* I used my
36mm socket on this one.  Didn't have to worry about it getting wedged at
an angle, went out nice and straight.  It also worked great putting the new
seal *in* nice and straight. =)