Re: [T3] Question on Perfect 65 notch

Dana wrote: >>I always understood that the "S" designation was given to
the cars with  the 56 hp engine. Is this wrong?<<

That's what we're trying to sort out. There was apparently an option for
a lower compression version of the 1500S that used flat top instead of
domed pistons so the car could be run on regular-grade gas, but VW's
documentation of it is a little murky. I'm pretty sure it's the engine
my Squareback came from the factory with. Nothing to be proud of--it
just means I have the low-performance version of the 1500S.

Jim, it's Jason Weigel that has the early parts list. Mine's from August
69.

Scott
62 343, 65 361