Re: [T3] Question on Perfect 65 notch

I'm probably getting in on this thread a little late, but my 65 Notch also
came with domed pistons. I have since pulled them and installed 85.5s
because even with the highest octane gas I could find (93), the car would
still ping  while climbing hills (I'm in WV). I kept the old domed pistons
and cylinders in case someday I decided to put the engine back to stock. I
have a "Birth Certificate" from VW and the engine and chassis numbers
matched my car. I always understood that the "S" designation was given to
the cars with  the 56 hp engine. Is this wrong?

Thanks
Dana Hall
http://users.ezwv.com/~jdhall/vw

64 Notch