Re: [T3] Question on Perfect 65 notch

On 5 Jul 2001, at 8:51, Scott Taylor wrote:

> The engine numbers section on Dave's site says that an engine number
> including the letter N indicates a low compression 1500S (M240), so
> I'm sure that's the engine I have. I'm still a little confused,
> though, because my parts book definitely calls this M249 and the metal
> tag bolted to my case reads M-249 90-oktan.

Don't feel bad, I think we're all finding this a bit confusing. Were
you the one that posted that you had a very early parts list? Is this
the one that shows the M249 low compression info? If I understood
correctly, that parts list had just been updated to around 63 or 64.
Is that right?

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org