Re: [T3]Brakes

Dear Mike and Barry,

I have a Type4 but it is a 1969 model which was the first year of Type4s and
it uses the rotors that were eventually fitted to 72 and 73 Type3s.  So, I
should not have a great problem replacing my 69 Type4 rotors when they
eventually become too thin (my fingers are crossed!)  However, as the larger
rotors are only common to the late Type4s, they could be hard to get for
owners of such vehicles.  If I had a late Type4 I would definitely buy them
off you.  So, may I suggest that you buy them and if you can't sell them at
Portland, then you should advertise them on the Type4 site:
http://www.vwtype4.org  because I am sure that some Type4 owner may need them,
especially as if one checks the current official VW ETKA CD-ROM parts listing,
all parts unique to Type4s are now listed as "not available".  You could be
doing some hapless Type4 owner a favour.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia