Re: (T3) $##@@%&*

On 4 Jul 2001, at 11:44, Ben Doughney wrote:

> on 4/7/2001 2:36 AM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:
>
> > I wonder if the old pumps with the bolted flanges could be
> > disassembled and rotated so that beetle pump I/Os could be put in
> > useful positions for type 3 engines?

> Yes you can move the top half of the old beetle pumps around, that is
> the ones with about 8 screws holding the top half onto where the
> diaphagm goes.

Yes, I understand that it is possible to move them, I just don't know
if there is any advantage to doing this for a type 3. If there is, it
would open up a source for spares for our carb people.

Do both the single and dual carb type 3s expect the higher fuel
pressure? Has anyone tried shimming the springs in one of these
pumps in order to bring the pressure up to the type 3 level?