Re: [T3] curiosity

Simon,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I do recall being confused about the date
after I purchased the car.  I never knew the Euro date was that way.

Carrie,

With my Home Depot welder and a lot of cursing I'm sure.  I bought
replacement panels and plan on grafting them in.

John,

The sandblasting cost me about 300 dollars, but it was worth it.  Everything
comes off.  If you go that route, remember to blow out all of the lines,
nooks, crannies, etc with an airhose after you get it back.  Otherwise,
you'll have sand coming out for years.  Once the sandblasting was finished,
I cut out the areas that were bad, welded in good metal and painted with the
Por-15.  The painting portion took about 1 full weekend.

Anthony