Re: [T3] Later model Notchbacks

> The Notch is very rare in Britain as well, as Volkswagen UK stopped
> importing them when the Fastback came on the scene.

Just curious, but how common were they in australia, considering where i am
with my notch, i know of 2 others, one a 69, one a 72 in the same suburb as
me?

> Of course there are a
> few early ones about, but their age makes them rarer anyway.
> As for Alex in the US, I believe VWoA never officially imported the Notch,
> as the Type3 only became available in the US after the Fasty had become
the
> main "sedan" model. I think Notches were available to special order only
> both in the UK and the US, but most people obviously didn't want to make
the
> effort.
> And yes, there's no reason why you shouldn't find a late-model FI Auto
> Notch, but the AT and FI were extra cost options in Europe, which makes
them
> much rarer than MT and Carbs, so it'll take a lot of looking. Especially
if
> you want a '70 to go with the other two!

So, that means that the notch i have, if in america would be VERY rare (71
auto dual carb).  If so, approximately how much could i get for a show
condition (lowered, custom paint, big stereo, full retrim, Empi porche like
rims, whitewalled tires, custom exhaust, slightly worked motor) notch like
mine will be eventually.

Cheers

John