Re: [T3] Rear engine mount.

Subject: [T3] Rear engine mount.

> Is there anywhere where i can get a rear engine mount for my 67 fastback,
or
> am i going to have to go looking for one at the junkyard?  when i pulled
the
> old engine out, there was none, and i want(need) one for when i put the
new
> engine in.  Thanks a bunch, everybody.
>

> --
There is actually several pieces to this mount. There is the "handle" (tube
that is mounted to the fan housing), the donut (metal piece with the rubber
donut inside), AND, there are supposed to be some fiber shims that are used
to adjust height, so there is no load on this mount when the car is just
sitting. What this mount does, is work as a snubber under acceleration and
de-celeration. It takes a hell of a strain off the front transmission mount.
Any of you water cooled VW owners have something similar between the engine
and a socket attached to the front cross-member below the radiator.
And sorry, I do  not have any of these.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/