Re: [T3] Later model Notchbacks

Hi all,

This is my first posting here, so maybe I should introduce myself. I live in
Israel, and I have a 1969 Type 34 Ghia which I am just starting work on.
It's not an easy car to restore as most of you probably know, and I am quite
jealous of the ease with which all you Variant people can get parts. Type
3's are pretty thin on the ground in Israel nowadays by the way. There is a
beautifully restored green Variant in Jerusalem, and the other day I saw a
rather beaten up old one. There are at least 5 T34s. Beetles, on the other
hand are very common. More or less the only car from the seventies that you
still see on the roads in any numbers.
Back on topic, I grew up in England in the seventies. I remember the
fastback and the Variant very well, but I don't remember the Notchback at
all. In fact I didn't even know the model existed until quite recently when
I became interested in old VWs.

Is it just my bad memory or is there some reason for this?

Daniel Baum
daniel@baumhouse.net
Tel: 08-9761783