Re: [T3] More Brake Questions

On 1 Jul 2001, at 8:22, shackedup wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find rear brake shoes for my '63 Notch?
> Also, I just got an NOS front wheel cylinder and the retainer spring
> that holds the adjusting star in place fell off.  There are two pins
> that originally held it onto the wheel cylinder that have fallen out
> of their holes.  Is there some kind of adhesive I can use to put this
> back in place?

Russ is right, if all else fails, you can always send your shoes out
to get them relined. Check with your FLAPS, or in Hemmings
Motor News for places that will do this.

I think the pin was something called a "drive screw." It's like a
screw, but with a rather straightened helix that is meant to be
pounded in. You might check with VW to see if they can still get
these; there's some chance since they were used in ALL their cars.