Re: [T3] More Brake Questions

Subject: [T3] More Brake Questions

> Does anyone know where I can find rear brake shoes for my '63 Notch?
Also,
> I just got an NOS front wheel cylinder and the retainer spring that holds
> the adjusting star in place fell off.  There are two pins that originally
> held it onto the wheel cylinder that have fallen out of their holes.  Is
> there some kind of adhesive I can use to put this back in place?  JB Weld?
> Super Glue?

As for the brake shoes, as a last resort, you could probably find a local
brake rebuilder, that can reline them. We did this resently for some
industrial brake shoes. The price was reasonable.
Any adhesive that you use should be able to withstand heat after it cures.
Most epoxies soften when if gets hot. Same with super glue. You might try
just to peen them, and drive them back in. Flaten them a little with a
hammer.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/