[T3] Engine Compartment Light

I was under the rear decklid of my fasty today figuring
out some messed up wiring and as I was getting it all
figured out, I noticed a lack of a light. The
receptacle is there and the wiring is too from the
switch right to the light, but no light and no switch.
I found the switch in there, the PO had removed it and layed it aside. It looks burnt and melted. This could
be due to the engine compartment fire that is causing
me to work out some wiring. My question is, would an
interior light and door switch work in this aplication?
The switch looks very similar to a door switch.Anyone
know?
Marc Bona
1967 Fastback 1600
New Mexico
http://www.67Fastback.cjb.net

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015