Re: [T3] Little rubber bits

West Coast Metric shows exactly the thing I mean in its Type 3 section,
mounted on a Type 3 mirror (actually, on all 3 of their pictures).  311-101
is their
parts code.  Mind you, they show the same piece on the Beetle page and give
it the same Type 3 derived number that still doesn't match the VW one I
posted.
I will see if there's a number on the back in the same way as the Type 1
rings
have the 111 xxx xxx code when I looked last night.  As soon as I can get
the time, I will hunt through my mirror box, which is
the other side of some of the club's stock mufflers and behind my son's
Buggy floorpan.  If there isn't a third one in there, I'll remove a mirror
from the door and look, but I'd rather not disturb them otherwise, as they
are a bit critical on the adjustment.

Yes, we did go through the intermittent wipe, and established it as a rare
but factory extra (despite rude disbelief from one listee).  Probably all
the same as the w/c switches and relays by '73 anyway.  When I get to the
Square with it on, I'll check the numbers, out of interest.

Like you, Jim, I never got a problem bleeding the conventional way either.
Maybe
it matters in certain circumstances or with dealer equipment.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------