Re: [T3] Recent problem with fan"too much RPM"???

On 28 Jan 2001, at 22:02, Russ Wolfe wrote:

> Subject: [T3] Recent problem with fan"too much RPM"???

> > Three fans in 6 months,they come loose or the RPM is wollaring
> > them apart.

> Is it just the aluminum fan that comes loose?

Oh, I hadn't thought of the possibility that he was referring to the
alum pulley. If the pulley comes loose it is likely to mess up the
face of the steel fan where it mates. If this face is uneven then the
pulley can never run true and this will create the problem you see.

I had a fan like this that Berg finally took a light cut on in their
lathe. Once this surface was faced off square again everything was
fine again. They did this for free, in the course of balancing
everything.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org