Re: [T3] seat rail stops

On 28 Jan 2001, at 12:07, Barry Viss wrote:

> Yesterday I took out my seats in order to give them a good cleaning
> and I noticed that there was a small, extra, non-painted metal plate
> thingie screwed onto the back of the inside rail which was keeping the
> seat from going one more inch into it's rear most position.(both
> sides)  Being 6 foot 4 inches tall, I jumped at the chance to gain an
> extra inch of foot room. Does anyone have any idea why these were put
> in there?  Should I put them back?

Yes, these are odd; my 68 had them, too. The only thing I can think
of is that they were there to keep the seat from going so far back
that it made entry/exit from the back seat too difficult. I seem to
recall looking for them in the microfilm at one time and coming up
empty.

I have a few of these if anyone needs them. ;-)

I don't see any real reason why you would have to reinstall them.