Re: [T3] Type 36-265 Variant Panel Van

Am I right in thinking that there were two different body styles of the t3
van? I seem to remember seeing that they came with either welded-in window
panels or with a flush side, i.e no window indentations. The welded window
blanks may have been for countries like the UK where you could buy a van
with seats and not pay VAT (sales tax), and then after a certain time you
could fit the windows without being taxed for it. Sounds bizarre, I know,
but people used to do it. I think in France they still do, as there are a
lot of vans with windows sold as "voiture de societŽ".

The rear seat was an option as well, wasn't it?

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org