RE: [T3] Hey Guys I'm still Bogged Down Over here!

A particularly good shop did this with my '80 Vanagon one time,
and it ran great.  An emergency forced me to use another shop,
and they said very nasty things about the other shop.  Ran like
dog doo after they got done with it though.  I saved the resistor,
reinstalled it and it worked better.  Years later I had some
additional work done, and the original shop removed it, and it
ran fine.  Time and wiring resistances change, so don't expect
it to be a permanent fix.  If you end up cleaning your wiring
connections sometime, you may need to remove the resistor.

Jeff  '67 Sqbk