RE: [T3] Hey Guys I'm still Bogged Down Over here!

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Fuhriman, Mark wrote:

> Whoa!  If you disconnect either of the temp sensors, the engine will
> immediately quit, won't it??

	I haven't pulled the connectors on either of these recently
myself, but I'm pretty darn sure that yanking the air temp sensor won't
kill it dead.  (I seem to vaguely recall that yanking the head temp sensor
might kill it, but don't remember clearly.)

	In Ben Watson's fuel injection book, there's a little sidebar that
describes the "old trick" of disconnecting the air temp sensor to smooth
out the running of a tired, old, out-of-adjustment D-Jet Type III.

	Note that disconnecting either temp sensor causes the resistance
to peg high, which tells the ecu "brrr, I"m *darned* cold! make it rich!"

-Greg