[T3] Talking about rust...T3 style

Hey listees,

I am looking at a 72 Fasty that has rust up under the front hood around the
cowl area.....seems as though a previous owner closed of the vents in front
of the windshield but did not get the water out before the job was
completed......the rust is behind the paneling (about 15 inch rust gap) and
is all the way through....looks as though someone took a can opener and went
to work on it....EERRGGHH...

This is the only rust on the car.....well maintained......I am thinking about
getting it as a weekend grocery getter.

Anyways....has anyone had experience fixing rust like this?  I am scared what
I might find once I start cutting the bad section out......I do have a 71
Fasty that can serve as a donor....but wanted to ask before I start cutting
and pasting.  Thanks.

Greg