Re: [T3] Steering Wheel problem

On 23 Jan 2001, at 23:05, Tim Saxton wrote:

> I have a question, I recently purchased a '71 T3.
> The vehicle came with no keys. I got the door lock cyls handled and keys
> made. I now need to get the ignition cyl out. According to my factory manual
> I need to remove the steering wheel. My problem is that the manual does not
> tell one how to remove it.
> I have never done this procedure before. Could some one instruct me how to
> do it?

Pry out the center cap carefully. Disconnect the horn wire. Use a 1-
1/16" socket to remove the nut. Remove the washer. MARK the
wheel position on the shaft, then pull the wheel off with a quick
yank.

When you put it back, align the marks you made earlier.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054