Re: End of 71 MY (was Wiper Arms (sort of))

Dave C, the production code suggests your Squareback was made on 23 June
(Fri 1 Jan '71 was week one).
Thanks Dan.  So it seems your '71 Fastback,  no. 250,699 was made Weds 30th
June.  That's about 5000 since Dave's Squareback was made the week before.
The big callipers fitted from 268,738 must have been in the last week of
July, some 18,000 vehicles later.
Shame we haven't got the last number for '71 model year.  I wonder why VW
has been so shy of publishing the last issued chassis number each model
year?  Aaron Britcher got close with annual production figures, but Sales or
Production depts at Wolfsburg must have held these records.  It makes me
think the model year end was more blurred than I have thought, particularly
with the big calliper change.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/