Re: [T3] Dist Drive Progress (or lack thereof)

On 21 Jan 2001, at 16:18, Michael Carmody wrote:

> How can I tell by looking if it's ("it" being the distributor
> driveshaft) in the right position or not?  If it is off by one
> tooth would the offset groove be moved significantly?

One tooth off looks like a significant difference. Make sure the
offset is in the right direction.

> What does the tool to remove this bear look like? My FLAPS is out of
> stock at the moment, but that's OK, as I really don't want to spend
> over $25 for a tool I'll use every blue moon. How does this special
> tool work, anyway? Is there a picture anywhere online?

It expands in the central round pocket in the top of the drive gear.
I don't own one, and I doubt if it would make your life significantly
easier.

> Sorry to be crabby. I must get a mantra or something. ("Calm blue
> ocean...calm blue ocean..."

This sounds like the right idea. Take it easy for awhile.