Re: [T3] Drat! Distressing Distributor Driveshaft Dilemma

On 18 Jan 2001, at 18:31, Michael Carmody wrote:

> I took the advice of the group at large, and started to remove my
> distributor driveshaft, so I could reposition it to solve my problem.

To start with, was it in the wrong position?

> Any ideas why the dadgum driveshaft won't come out?

It has to rotate CCW as it lifts up. There is often a wear ridge that
it has to clear to get out, or perhaps it is a bit of deposit in the
bore where nothing normally contacts the drive gear. I often find
that I just have to keep at it and suddenly it will just come out.
This is one of those things that is SO much easier to just get right
the first time. In your case you get to blame the PO. ;-)

The downside is that now you get to clean up his mess.  ;-(