From: Michael Carmody [mailto:carmody@kcisp.net]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 1:48 PM
To: jkooser@impsat.com
Subject: Re: [T3] Dist. Drive Help...Please?

Jake:

I'm trying to get out the drifeshat gear down in there. I don't have the
special tool, but found I could easily grab it and manipulate it using a
flat piece of wood tapped into the offset grooves (hey, it was
recommended in the Haynes Manual!). I can only bring it up so far,
though, before <click> it won't come any further. And it does twist
itself somewhat as it rises, but like I said, only comes so far.

Is the pump driveshaft the long piece of metal just kind of sticking up
there when you pull of the fuel pump? I assume it must be...yes, I took
it and the plastic thing around it off. I can look down in the fuel pump
hole when I'm wiggling the dist driveshaft, and see it down there.
Everything inside the engine case looks so nice and shiny and oily...I
love my car.

Thanks for your interest in my problem! I appreciate any advice at all.

Best,
Carmody
Squareback Rescue Adventure 2000
http://www.kcisp.net/~carmody/sra2000.html