Re: Wiper Arms

> Sounds like a nice car, Dave. We always seem to get the base models in the
> UK, don't we? "Rip-off Britain" anyone? I've always had a soft spot for
the
> later cars with all the "luxury" gizmos on them, but the only one I found
> was an orange '73 in a scrappy near Hailsham about eight years ago. In the
> tradition of late cars it was rotten as a pear. Shame, really.

It's rare rather than 'nice'; definitely a project; you can see through the
front axle as well as the usual inner wings (wheel wells), bumper mounts,
front panel, air-box, lower seat belt mounts, front wings (fenders), and
maybe sill (rocker), but it's only done about 68,000 miles and had a new
gearbox under VW good-will guarantee about 25,000 miles ago, I think.  It's
been resprayed a poor match to the original Alaska blue met, but that's kept
it protected a bit better than without extra paint.  Floor's fine though!
Oh, and the reg is "MUM", but Anne has got a Jetta now, so some of the point
of buying it for restoration has been lost!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------