RE: [T3] GEX = reliable

In my years with the T2 & T3 lists, I have read maybe
one person who has had good luck with GEX.  The vast
majority agree, buy GEX only if you want to buy another
engine in the very near future, deal with many hassles
to end up with a pile of improperly assembled pieces
that resemble an engine, but that's about it.

Anybody using an engine from AVP?  I checked them out
a few years ago, and they welded up a head I had mangled
on my Vanagon (I didn't align the pushrod, it broke the
edge of the valve cover seal area).  I don't have their
website handy, but they are in the Sacramento area.

Jeff