Re: [T3] How many bolts hold the pan to the body of my fast?

On 16 Jan 2001, at 17:27, Robert Noordermeer wrote:

> Well the weather is starting to clear up and get warmer over here in
> Memphis, and after a mouth or so of not working on my fasty I'm ready
> to get back to work.  Besides removing the wiring and the break lines,
> the body is ready to be removed from the pan.  My question is how many
> bolts hold the body/pan together and are there any surprises I should
> look forward to, ie hidden bolts etc.  Also should I leave the doors
> on or can I take them off of the body when removing it from the pan.

Not sure of the bolt count, but it's sure to be the number in your
bolt bucket + 1 or 2.  ;-) Don't miss the bolts that go down to the
top of the shock towers on the rear subframe.

I'd remove the doors, if only to get them out of the way and make the
body lighter. In fact, I'd pull everything you possibly can before
separating the body from the pan, doors hood, fenders, glass. You'll
have to pull the gas tank and separate the steering column, so you
might as well pull the whole column, too.

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org