Re: sand seals

I built an engine for my first squareback back in 1992, and the only good
case I could find was a sand-sealed one.  I had the fan ground down for the
sand seal, but the thinner fan shaft soon cracked and wobbled around about a
year later.  I wouldn't recommend it!!
By the way, did any of the listees make it out to Pomona this past weekend
(Jan.14)?  I was able to find a pair of NOS T3 mudflaps for $60 there at
about 5:15 in the morning! (the show started at five).  I have been looking
for a pair for years!  -
-Yancy Everhart