[T3] no left bank

hey listees.
here's some more data on my carburater(?) dilemma.
I have early type 3 carbs (no electrical cutoff jet). there are no manifold
leaks.  I haven't had any valve work done in quite some time.  I pulled the
valve covers to check to see if I had a stuck valve,  negative.  If  any one
has rebuilt a set of these and knows which circuit controls the idle please
drop me a line.
I'm also not sure if my distributor is attatched to the appropriate vaccuum
port.
There was only one vaccuum port on each carb and I'm not sure if it is live
manifold vaccuum or not. I'm not even sure which kind of vaccuum my
distributor needs to advance properly.  I've lubricated the mechanical
weights inside and tested the vaccuum diaphram with a vaccuum pump. both seem
ok.
any insights will be greatly appreciated.
thanx,
chris
cool43whip@aol.com