Re: [T3] Dead Injectors Puzzler

On Fri, 12 January 2001, "Keith Park" wrote:

> Jim, see what you think of this theory too... (im just so full of theories,
> one of them has to be right!)
> 2 of the injectors fire at just the right time when the intake valve opens,
> 2 fire at the wrong time and that mixture has to sit there just a little
> before getting sucked in.  SO... if the engine is running too rich or

The problem with where this is going is that I don't think the injectors 1&4 are getting any electrical signal in the "failure mode".  When the car idles on all 4, I pulled the injector connectors out (at the injectors) and measured voltage.  It was just a tiny pulse at the lowest setting on my analog VOM, but it was a discernable pulse.  On all 4.  In "failure mode", injectors 1&4 quit.  Hook up the VOM to the injector connectors again, and I do not observe the pulse anymore.  So I don't think those injectors fire at all when I lose cyls 1&4.

> Question is HOW DOES IT DRIVE WHEN ITS WARMED UP?  once it starts idling on
> the 2?

It drives rough.  Hard to get over about 30 mph when it runs on only the 2.

-Mark Fuhriman
 '69 Fastback

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org