Re: [T3] Both on and off topic. =)

On 8 Jan 2001, at 8:46, Hal Sullivan wrote:

> Anyway.  The Fasty (1970, carbs) has something screwy going on with
> the charging system,  had it even before the car was parked, and now
> it's fresh in my memory.

I sent you my generator FAQ directly. This should enable you to
troubleshoot your charging system.

> I know there are different
> numbers of splines on the inner and outer ends of the torsion bars.
> But, I don't remember how many are on each end, or how much I need to
> adjust to get things back up where I want them.

I THINK bug and type 3 are the same, at least it's the same idea. If
they are really sagging, inspect them carefully, because I find that
sagging may signal a crack which may fail soon.

I don't remember how many teeth either, I think it is 31 and 33. At
any rate you have the right idea, and I believe one tooth forward on
one end and one tooth back on the other gives you a change in
angle of 50 minutes of one degree.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org