Re: [T3] Suppressing radio interference

On 6 Jan 2001, at 17:52, Keith Park wrote:

> Yes... an RF ground is different than a DC ground, however, dont the
> front lights have their own ground??

The light grounds only started in 69. I've never had a fender that
wasn't grounded to the rest of the body, when I've had trouble with
the lights the problem was always with the connection between the
parking light body and the fender.

I understand that an RF ground is different, but I wondered whether
the fender alone would provide an adequate ground plane for the
antenna. Has anyone out there ever had a fender that lost its
connection to the rest of the body?

On a similar note, I kept having problems with the backup lights on
my 69. I finally figured out that the problem was that my BUMPER
wasn't grounded, inspite of 4 big bolts.