[T3] The problems never end

Neil here's how I'm doing:
Lately I've heard a new sound from the engine, like a deep clunck it's there
when cold, after about 5 min. running it disappears.
It sounds expensive, as miur phrased it.
It seems my generator and oil warning lights are confused, when I run it
with out the belt the "oil" light goes on. So the "generator" light coming
on  fast turns, isn't o.k. ?
Well the problem seems oil, oil pump , main bearing related.
The engine is brand new, only 5Kmi, so I hope it isn't the main bearings.
I've checked the valves and it's not them, I've removed the belt so it isn't
the generator.
I'm not driving the car now, but how should I procede?

Help, the problems never end.
Herman

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org